Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring 2011

As the weather improves and warmer temps warm my old bones I can't help but to appreciate the wonderful blessings I have. I have watched the flowers break through the ground and are now starting to bloom. It makes me think of more projects but what the heck.

Living with grandma has been such a blessing. It has given me a chance to reconnect with with my mother who has done so much for me over my lifetime. I has been a real pleasure to have her around. We don't always agree on the best restaurant or the TV shows we want to watch but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I sure am missing my children and grandchildren lately. I hope to get to see all of them very soon. Somehow I would like to visit all of them. I think with not having a job that consumed my time and my life I have the time to aprciate what is realy important.



The old kitchen floor was white in color and very hard to keep up. It was linolum and had cuts and marks that we could not get out. So the only thing to do was replace it. When the old floor came up it left the backing and glue on the floor so it had to be scraped off by hand. The new tile floor matches the wood floors perfectly and could not ask for anything better.



The new floor looks great. These picures show it darker than it realy is.



The fence is finialy finished other than staining. We need to wait untill the wood is good and dry.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the nice weather! Hopefully you can visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new floor looks great, and we miss you too and would love to see ya! Take care and enjoy this spring weather!

    ReplyDelete